Price Upon Application
This much loved home presents a rare opportunity. Named 'Awatea' - meaning 'the dawn of a new day', this residence offers the visionary purchaser the chance to become custodian, and contributor, to a remarkable legacy.
Designed by the pre-eminent Roy Keith Binney in 1924, eccentric in style and class, the architectural merit of both the original dwelling, and 1986 extension, stand majestic among other homes of distinction on this premier street. It has proudly served as a wonderful bastion of heart, hospitality and security for only 2 families in almost a century. Our owners are now dedicated to their next step, and invite you to become a part of an exclusive and special group of people who, for many generations, have enjoyed the wealth of space, personality and prestige that define this home.
- Fabulous scale, with multiple settings for hosting grand occasions or intimate entertaining - indoors and outdoors.
- Ample accommodations, enhancing options for returning or extended family, live-in help & guests.
- Spectacular, & protected, valley views to the harbour across to Rangitoto and beyond.
- From classical dignity to strikingly modern, there remains scope for your own creative enhancement with appropriate consents.
- Included are a cinema room with bar, 3 master bedroom suites, drawing room and adjacent pool room with phenomenal period detailing. Plus, exquisite terraces and formal gardens.
Fortune now smiles on the next guardian of Awatea - your bold action to secure ownership is highly encouraged - a new day dawns.
Viewing by appointment.
Land Area: 2,254sqm (more or less) Floor Area: 639sqm (approx.) C.V. 2017: $10,250,000
Property ID RMU30217
Air Conditioning, Security Alarm
Close To Schools, Close To Shops, Close To Transport
* While every effort has been made to ensure the information displayed is accurate, please check details directly with the school before making decisions based on this information.